Our FTELOS brewery sits right in the heart of the island, in walking distance from the capital Fira awaiting all those interested in starting brewing their own beer at home or in advancing their brewing skills, to enjoy a unique experience on Santorini together with one of our FTELOS brewers!
Our premier Home-Brewer classes will introduce the attendants to the beer basics and will help them advancing their technical brewing knowledge and practical skills with a mixture of classroom theory and actual brewing on-site, allowing a two-way flow of information, hints and brewing tips.
Each attendant will also be treated to a beer tasting of 6 X200mls FTELOS craft beers paired with selected bites and at the end of the masterclass, each one will receive a useful gift: a brewing kit containing all necessary ingredients, recipe and instructions in order to make his own beer at home by practicing what was taught during the masterclass!
- A brief introduction to the beer basics
- Introduction to home-brewing while using the necessary equipment: Homebrew grain mill, 20lt Braumeister homebrew, 30lt fermentation/maturation bucket and showing all necessary steps:
- Malt grinding in homebrew grain mill
- Mixing of crushed malt in water (mashing)
- Boiling-Addition of hops
- Whirlpooling-Chilling and Transfer of wort to fermentation bucket
- Pitching (addition of yeast)
- A brewing kit for each attendant to take home at the end of the masterclass with all necessary ingredients, recipe and instructions in order to brew beer at home.
- A beer tasting of 6 X200mls craft beers paired with selected bites in order to relax and exchange different ideas and brewing tips with the rest of the group.